In addition to insurance coverage issues and disputes, our attorneys also defend insurance companies and their agents against myriad claims. We represent major life, health, property, casualty, and other insurers in the investigation and defense of claims and lawsuits. Through the representation of insurance companies, self-insured private businesses, and governmental entities, our years of experience allow us to quickly and correctly analyze issues, risks, and exposures for litigation. Our clients rely on our abilities to anticipate and vigorously defend claims for damages, including class actions and multi-party, multi-jurisdictional matters. Our knowledge and experience facilitates the prompt and proper assessment of risks faced by our clients.
Our legal services for insurers include:
- Life and health insurance defense
- Drafting / review of insurance policy language
- Sales practices litigation defense
- Mass tort litigation defense
- Product liability defense
- Medical device and pharmaceutical liability defense
- Professional liability defense
- Property and casualty defense
- Liability claims defense
- Construction-related claims
- Defense of all property claims
- Subrogation recovery
- "Bad faith" litigation defense
- Defense of mass / class actions
Our attorneys routinely counsel insurance clients and represent them before government agencies and regulatory bodies, ensuring compliance with all requirements. Our services include:
- Preparation of insurance contracts
- Drafting of insurance policies
- Securing regulatory approval of contracts, rates, and amendments
- Responding to market conduct, compliance and other similar inquiries
- Monitoring of activities on a national level involving the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Property and Casualty Insurance
We represent property and casualty insurers in just about every line of business, including defense of service contracts and home warranties, real property title disputes, automobile accidents, arson, and hurricane cases. For example, after Hurricane Katrina, we represented several different insurers involving hundreds of claims in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. In addition, we represent insurers in single claim and complex cases involving sales practices, bad faith, commercial paper, claims against guaranty associations, consumer claims, claims by agents, retrospective rating agreements, and other commercial and contract disputes related to the insurance industry.
Insurance Coverage Issues
We handle coverage issues for both businesses and their insurers in virtually any context, including property and casualty, employment practices, errors and omissions, and other business-related coverages. Successfully invoking coverages on behalf of our insured clients, we have developed a highly sophisticated practice in this increasingly complex area of the law.
We are guided by the principal goal of providing the highest level of legal representation and counseling to our insurance clients in the most efficient manner possible. Each of our cases is carefully managed and supervised to ensure that litigation costs are minimized.