A workforce including people of multiple nationalities can involve matters in many areas of the law, including labor and employment, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, and international taxation. Our attorneys in these practice areas work with our immigration attorneys to help meet the complex needs arising from the employment of multinationals regarding these issues and more. Below are a few types of issues in which we have experience.
- Immigration-related issues relating to I-9 forms and E-Verification
- Temporary visas for professional employees
- Applications for employment-based permanent residency petitions, including Labor Certification
- Corporate compliance issues with regard to avoidance of employer sanctions and exposure to any type of discrimination provisions of the U.S. immigration laws, including in-house audits of personnel files to ensure that employers are in compliance with all documentation and employment verification requirements.
- Audits/investigations by government agencies and others seeking information regarding employer’s practices and history relating to immigration compliance
- Guidance on new immigration law issues with regard to application to workers’ compensation, termination, etc.
- Drafting corporate immigration policies and procedures.
- Various issues arising from dealing with labor and employment problems